The following articles are beneficial resources for investment strategies. They contain practical investment advice, as well as research and practical, personal experience from noted investors and financial experts.
We encourage all of our clients to continue to educate themselves in order to make sound investment decisions. These articles provide some great insight from some of the brightest minds in the business.
Download Articles here (PDF):
- Four Surprises and One Million Dollar Bet
- As Goes January, so Goes the Year?
- Market Returns During an Election Year
- Presidential Elections and the Stock Market
- The Seven Roles of Advisors - Discusses the roles an advisor can play in understanding and responding to client's needs.
- Betting Against the House - This article deals with a comprehensive study for those seeking to out perform the market through stock selection and fail.
- Presidential Elections
- Is Gold Worth its Weight in a Portfolio
- Failed Experiment - Weston Wellington discusses that many people's financial strategies fail because most have neither the skill or emotional stability to be successful investors.
- Who Has the Midas Touch?
- Year-End Review
- Things Change - In this article it describes you can do all the analysis you want but events have a way of messing with your assumptions.
- What’s in Your View Finder? - This discusses how the forces of competition and today's innovation may be tomorrows commodity or garage sale cast off.
- Rebalancing Act - It highlights the importance of keeping a portfolio in line with its target allocation and the benefits, trade offs and decision factors in periodic rebalancing.
- Living with Volatility - Describes how many investors get a feeling of anxiety, fear and a sense of powerlessness when markets turn and how to handle these feelings.
- Introduction to Dimensional: This is a comprehensive report dealing with the philosophy and portfolio management of Dimensional Fund Advisors.
- Risks Worth Taking: A wise man once said that to profit without risk and to experience life without danger is as impossible as it is to live without being born. That all may be true, but which risks are worth taking and which are not?
- Innovations in Finance: A time line highlighting the theories and pricing models that have shaped modern finance and investing.
- DFA Funds Hard to Buy, Easy to Own
- Bond Investors, Brace Yourselves
- Dimensional Fund Advisors Website: View this website for some of the latest research available by Dimensional Fund Advisors